VirtualBox and good news

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Thu Dec 8 00:58:29 CET 2011

hi,
talking with Josh Stone on fedora-devel ML, F15 kernel have been fixed
to compile all modules of kmods of VirtualBox.
Josh Stone said: "All of them can compile now, including vboxpci".
from here
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-December/160262.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-December/160249.html

and Summary/Minutes from FESCO meeting (2011-12-05 at 1800 UTC)
#712 need update kBuild on F15  (ajax, 18:10:18)
  * LINK: http://fpaste.org/F0wh/ lkundrak recent activity  (pingou,
    18:17:56)
  * AGREED: attempt to follow up with lkundrak on the ticket; if no
    response by next week have a provenpackager do it  (ajax, 18:18:38)

so next week we probably got kBuild on F15 and we can compile VirtualBox
4.1.x

So now the plan is get VirtualBox on devel , after the same of
VirtualBox on F16 and after on F15 (when kBuild and  kernel fixed
landed)
So please push VirtualBox-kmod and last version of VirtualBox, 4.1.6-5,
to devel, to test Fedora rawhide has a guest client of VirtualBox :).

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.