build tools for EL6?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 14:41:00 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 3:43 AM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/12/10 Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com>:
>> Hi, everybody,
>>
>> What's needed to get build tools out for el6?
>>
>> I'm looking to help test the spl/zfs modules on CentOS 6.
>>
>> I found that
>>
>>  kmodtool
> We aren't building kmod for EL-6 but elrepo.org does.
> If someone volunteer to catch up to their kABI implementation in
> kmodtool, then that will worth to enable kmod in RPM Fusion for EL and
> to merge their work.

Huh, I didn't even know about elrepo... I don't run EL at the moment.

> The current documentation for a start.
> http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2

I've already got SPL and ZFS packages that should conform to the
guidelines, that's the ones he's trying to use but EL doesn't have all
the dependencies. I'm guessing kmodtool is one of them, and the
buildsys-build* package?

Richard