Linking and licensing question

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Dec 29 01:53:52 CET 2011

I wrote:

> You need to find out why the license was considered non-Free by Fedora.
> Whatever requirement caused that determination is almost certainly also
> incompatible with the GPL. I am no lawyer and I can't find the offending
> requirement at first glance, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

PS: Oh, and even if the license were free, chances are it'd still be
incompatible with the GPL due to wording differences. I think an exception
is unavoidable unless OpenCASCADE upstream (and if you use the community
edition, also every single contributor to that fork) relicenses their code
to the GPL or a GPL-compatible license. (Note that every single contributor
to FreeCAD needs to agree to the exception. Yes, licenses are a PITA.)

        Kevin Kofler