Good bye, RPM Fusion! (was: Re: Problem with infrastructure.)

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jan 30 19:30:31 CET 2011

On Jan 29, 2011, at 8:40 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Some minutes ago I've removed my bugzilla account from the admin group.
> Thanks, Matthias, for adding me a few years ago!
>
> This also means I will no longer run the cron job that syncs the
> owners.list files into bugzilla. Somebody else will need to take over.
>
> It just doesn't work out any longer. owners.list is filling with invalid
> email addresses again. And this time some of them are account names
> instead of email addrs. My old messages about what could be done have not
> resulted in any encouraging responses. Sure, I could look into needed
> solutions myself and silently, but I believe in team-work and in motivating
> collaboration. I also believe in people being brave enough to tell me
> their opinion, even if they would only come up with a request for something
> to be done as an improvement. There is no such activity at RPM Fusion.
> Not limited to the bugzilla comps syncing.

I completely understand where you're coming from here. Outside of providing
what is apparently our only functional (fsvo...) builder, I've pretty much
given up myself. I simply don't have the time or energy. Because of that,
I'm also not using Fedora nearly as much as I used to -- I'm using RHEL6 for
all my MythTV systems now -- which also lowers my interest in the success of
RPM Fusion, since it has essentially zero RHEL support right now. My builder
has EL-6 targets all set up on it, but I can't do anything about anything
outside of my builder, so I'm just maintaining my own private RHEL6 add-on
repo for now. But I'm also considering opting to go back to the world of
ATrpms, much as I dislike the way a lot of it is packaged.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com