Packages for EL-6 the branch

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:51:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

As we have seen many interest in EL-6 branches theses days, I would
remind that the EL-6 builder at RPMFusion is actually building fine.
I've took some time to make some base multimedia packages.
If current maintainer are interested in EL-6 or EL-5 branches, you can
request it blocking #33.
http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors/CVSRequests

A notable expection to the branching at this time is about kmod packages.
That is for 2 reasons:
- kmodtool is currently orphaned in RPMFusion.
- elrepo.org has developped a way better scheme to build kmod for EL
(using kABI).
(we should merge their improvements in our kmodtool).

Thx

Here is some notes about the current work that have been done or remains.

a52dec - OK
faad2 / failed, missing id3tag (mail sent to EL-5 maintainer)
gpac / bootstrapping
libdca - OK
libdvbpsi - OK
lame - OK
libmpeg2 - OK
libmpeg3 - BR libquicktime
libquicktime / updating devel - missing BR faad2/ffmpeg
mjpegtools / updating devel https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/1841
twolame / updating devel
vcdimager - OK
ffmpeg - pick 0.6.3 for now (but worth to have 0.7.1 later).
x264 - Note pick at least ABI 115 (not in devel)

Added
libva-freeworld - OK
vdpau-video-freeworld - OK
live555 - OK