Plague server issue

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Jul 28 17:57:58 CEST 2011

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> > I've downgraded m2crypto-0.16-8.el5 to m2crypto-0.16-7.el5 and that
> > seems to have taken care of the problem. Off to investigate the
> > details, but builds should be working again, and I've excluded m2crypto
> > from being automatically updated for now.
>
> Which Plague release is that?
> It doesn't use M2Crypto since 2005, but pyOpenSSL.

[root at se03 ~]# rpm -q plague
plague-0.4.5.7-5.20090612cvs.noarch

Then it could have been just a coincidence. Weird one, though.

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> > OperationalError: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')
>
> That one could be due to the MySQL idle timeout
> ( http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html )
> and was fixed in Plague server 0.4.5.4 (2008) with a configurable
> MySQL database ping interval, section [Database] ping_interval=XXX
> in seconds.

The plague packages haven't been changed, and the mysql-* ones have but
are still from the same major version. So if it was working before, it
shouldn't be able to break because of this.

I've double checked and that MySQL error had never happened before.
So just in case, I have set ping_interval=3600 to be on the safe side.

I'm still keeping an eye open to see what plague will say the next time
a build is requested...

Thanks for your replies :-)

Matthias

Fedora release 14 (Laughlin) - Linux kernel 2.6.35.13-91.fc14.x86_64
Load : 1.05 1.01 0.79