OpenAFS and Static Libraries

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 4 19:28:45 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 10:28:44AM -0700, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> >
> > Because this "transarc style" doesn't comply to the FHS.
>
> I think FHS is a good thing to have. Several packages have exceptions,
> eg. krb5-workstation
>
> $ rpm -ql krb5-workstation
> /usr/kerberos
> /usr/kerberos/bin
> /usr/kerberos/bin/k5srvutil
> /usr/kerberos/bin/kadmin
> /usr/kerberos/bin/kdestroy
> /usr/kerberos/bin/kinit
> /usr/kerberos/bin/klist
>
> Jack's simply proposing that this optional openafs-compat package
> provide symlinks in the non-FHS locations. The main packages' binaries
> would still follow the FHS.
>
> - Ken

And even krb5-workstation has been fixed to comply with the FHS in most
recent Fedoras and RHEL 6.  I do believe the FHS is the right way, but I've
gotten enough feedback to think that this compat package of symlinks to
the FHS locations is worth considering.

Jack
--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>