Rawhide builds still have .fc16 disttags

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Nov 16 00:07:28 CET 2011

Hi,

I noticed that the updated common/branches still thinks Rawhide is Fedora
16. Please fix that! (Also check the builder configs, the Rawhide configs
should actually point to Rawhide now.)

On a related note, some packages have been built only for Rawhide and F15,
but not F16:
    kdenlive-0.8.2-1.fc16
    mlt-0.7.6-1.fc16
    thunderbird-enigmail-1.3.3-1.fc16
Are the builds still failing (see Remi Collet's mail about that)? Or are the
maintainers not aware that separate F16 builds are now needed? I need to
build freetype-freeworld security updates ASAP, but I'd like the branching
fallout to be sorted out first.

And can we please branch at the same time as Fedora in the future? Not being
able to build stuff for an already released distribution because of
branching issues just sucks. Doing the branching earlier would buy us some
time to fix any such trouble if it should arise again.

        Kevin Kofler