Mythtv for EL6?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:24:55 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/11/19 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
>> libfame
> Someone to take over maintainance in EL branch for RPM Fusion ?

Do I need to go ahead and take this one then?

>> mjpegtools
>>        -> libquicktime
> I will care once the dependencies are solved.
>>                -> ffmpeg
>>                        -> libvpx
>>                        -> x264
> ffmpeg/x264 still need to choose which version to start from.
> I would be for using ffmpeg-compat as 0.6 and ffmpeg as 0.8.
> Of course using ffmpeg-compat will be for legacy purpose and will not
> track security or feature fixes.
> choosing 0.7 as legacy version doesn't make sense as it's basically
> the same version as 0.8 with the previous ABI.
> Unfortunately the two ABI aren't currently parallele installable.
> (Requested to upstream via Rathann).

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

>>        -> mplayer/mencoder (runtime)
>>                -> em8300
> ^ probably to disable until we get kmod support or that the support
> got backported (recently upstreamed in kernel IIRC).

Do we know how prevalent these devices are? I'm not sure if there's a
need to support them at all, at least for Myth.

>>                -> libass
> ^ Should be in epel-testing.

Thanks.

>>        -> y4mscaler (runtime)
> ^ need a maintainer in the EL branch for RPM Fusion (and Fedora ?)

Can this exist in Fedora?

>>                -> mjpegtools-devel
>>                        -> mjpegtools-libs
> ^ need a maitainer in the EL branch for RPM Fusion.

I'll take it if the current maintainer doesn't want to.

>>        -> pvm
> Request in EPEL ?

Submitted.

>>        -> libmpeg3
> I will care
>>        -> v4l (too old)
> v4l1 can be disabled in transcode with recent version (some of my
> patches were accepted upstream).

Sounds good.

Thanks,
Richard