libdvdcss 1.2.11

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Mon Nov 21 22:37:04 CET 2011

Salut Remi,

On 11/21/2011 06:16 PM, Remi Collet wrote:
> Le 21/11/2011 17:15, Xavier Bachelot a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> After many years, there's a new release of libdvdcss. This raises the
>> question of who does maintain this package these days. I've asked ANvil
>> from livna.org, but it was not clear even to him, so I thought asking
>> here might bring some light. This might be a bit off topic, but Livna
>> instructs to mail rpmfusion-devel anyway.
>
> Check the remi repository ;)

Yes, indeed, I've been pointed at your repo for libdvdcss already. But
your repo provides much more than libdvdcss and most of the other stuff
it provides is overlaping with other Fedora reporitories. Don't get me
wrong, I know for sure you're doing a great work. My point is just that
it's less convenient than repositories that stack up properly like
Fedora + RPM Fusion + Livna. I'm not looking at replacing the Livna repo
with something else, I just want to make sure there is someone to
maintain libdvdcss in Livna (or another place with a non-replacement
policy). If there's no maintainer currently, I'll discuss further with
Anvil on the way forward and I'm willing to step up to be the maintainer
if needed. Maybe you'll want to step up too :-)

Regards,
Xavier