xine-lib-extras-freeworld-1.1.20-3.fc1[56] updates needing coordination

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Nov 25 23:08:50 CET 2011

Hi,

after a long period of apparent inactivity, xine-lib upstream has finally
made a new release, 1.1.20:
http://www.xine-project.org/home
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xine/files/xine-lib/1.1.20/README.txt.asc/view

As usual for xine-lib, the plugin ABI has been bumped, so the updates in RPM
Fusion Free:
xine-lib-extras-freeworld-1.1.20-3.fc16
xine-lib-extras-freeworld-1.1.20-3.fc15
will need to be coordinated with the corresponding updates in Fedora:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xine-lib-1.1.20-1.fc16
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/xine-lib-1.1.20-1.fc15

I already built everything and filed the updates in Bodhi for Fedora.

I am NOT touching Fedora 14 because it has almost reached its end of life,
and I'm not convinced this update is safe for Fedora 14 at this stage (also
because upstream does not mention anything security-relevant being fixed by
the update). Fedora 14 defaulted to phonon-backend-xine, so xine-lib is
critical for the KDE Plasma Workspaces there.

        Kevin Kofler