FreeCAD build, need cmake help

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:21:52 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Suggestions before I get to far down this road?
>
> That looks like it'll work, though I'd actually change the INSTALL commands
> to use the standard CMake macros for the destination and then change the
> "portable" case to override the values of those macros, rather than having
> the systemwide case be the special case (because the systemwide case is
> really the normal one :-) ).

Let me know what you mean by "standard" cmake macros just so I'm sure
I know what you're talking about. By default you can use relative
paths for DESTINATION which are relative to CMAKE_BINARY_DIR, right?

In that case all the absolute paths I'm setting are more or less useless...

As far as the name and default, I thought about it and already changed
the option name to FREECAD_SYSTEM_INSTALL defaulted to OFF. I'll ask
if it can be defaulted to ON but as long as I have a switch to flip,
I'm happy.

I may also add an option, something like NO_BUNDLED_APPS and default
to OFF. That way I can stop using bundled libs without patches. Or add
individual options for each bundled app... I'll still "rm -rf" them in
%prep though.

Thanks,
Richard