lives vs openshot vs kdenlive

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Sat Oct 15 16:40:57 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 21:00 +0200, Karel Volný wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hope nobody shots me for prolonging the thread which is a bit
> offtopic here, but ... :-)

Not so offtopic , openshot is @rpmfusion-free and lives is in review to
enter on rpmfusion.

> On Thursday 06 of October 2011 21:35:08 Richard Shaw wrote:
> > 2011/10/6 Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com>:
> > > Hi,
> > > What the big differences of LIVES-1.4.6 for openshot-1.4.0 ?
> > >
> > > I Just want edit my videos take in my holidays.
> >
> > LiVES is probably considered to be more of a professional
> > video editor meaning it's more powerful but also less
> > intuitive to use.
> >
> > Openshot is designed to be very intuitive to use and still has
> > some pretty powerful and feature complete. I only edit home
> > movies which is why I packaged Openshot so I'm a little
> > biased :)
>
> as for basic home/holiday videos editing, is LiVES or OpenShot
> worth investigating as a replacement for Kdenlive?

both worth investigating, you may begin with openshot, as you just need
to do : yum install openshot,

About kdenlive, why we need a replacement ? , seems pretty , but got a
startup error see image in attachment , how I workaround those error ?

what is the best to start in the world of video compositing ?

Thanks,

--
Sérgio M. B.