replacement builder needed -

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 24 16:17:44 CEST 2011

On Oct 24, 2011, at 3:07 AM, David Timms wrote:

> On 20/10/11 06:17, Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> fact that the one and only active rpm fusion build system sits on that pipe. I'd
>> like to see another system (or systems) elsewhere brought up sooner than
>> later, so builds can be migrated to them, at which point, I can retire the box at
>> my house, and not drop the extra money every month for the pipe and the
>> power to keep the box running.
>
> Just an off list query, reply to the list if you would like:

Yeah, lets go list.

> How would you feel about setting up like a paypal or similar donation "thingy" ?

My initial thought is that I'd be fine with something like that. But if funding falls
short, I'm still in the same boat. And if we have an excess of funding, where
should the money go? (I guess it could go to upgrading the builder hardware,
or potentially hosting an arm builder too, or something).

> And hence keep the machine powered and fed bandwidth ?
> And what sort of funds are we talking ?

So I just took a look, and its not quite as much less for a non-business connection
as I thought, but its still $50/mo less. Keeping the builder powered 24/7 is less
straight-forward to calculate, but it looks to be somewhere between $10 and $25
per month, based on this:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/2404

> Anyway, just an idea. (Similar idea could go to a hosting server or similar).

Yeah, either way is doable. I'll note that one thing I do NOT have a shortage of
is builder-capable hardware.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com