OpenCascade license?

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Mon Oct 31 22:31:15 CET 2011

Richard Shaw píše v Po 31. 10. 2011 v 16:16 -0500:
> I'm taking a shot a building FreeCAD since I'm a CAD jockey in my day
> job and a "good" free CAD solution would be neat.
>
> It has OpenCascade as a major dependency, which uses their own
> license[1]. They claim it's LGPL-like. Would this have to go in free
> or non-free?

per Tom "Spot" Callaway and Red Hat Legal it is non-free, you should be
able to find the details in the archive of the fedora-legal mailing list
and/or OCC package review request in Fedora bugzilla.

OCC 6.3.0 is available from http://fedora.danny.cz/danny/ and it would
be nice to see OCC in a more official repo.

Dan