FFmpeg 0.7.2 even for F14 ?

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 12:29:05 CEST 2011

2011/9/1 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net>:
> On Wednesday, 31 August 2011 at 03:06, Marcos Felipe Rasia de Mello wrote:
>> 2011/8/10 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net>:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > On Sunday, 31 July 2011 at 22:53, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
..

>> > I'll try to find some time to prepare the updates till the end of the week.
>> >

>> I don't want to rush anyone, but do you have any news on this?
>
> Yeah, I went locally through all dependent packages on F-14 and patched them
> where necessary, so F14 is ready to be pushed, but we need to do devel/F-16
> first, then F-15 and then F-14.
Hi

Without further arguments, I still consider doing such update in F-14
as a violation of the fedora's
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy
As we follow fedora's guidelines as we can with the exception of the
licensing, I just confirm that this policy applies to RPM Fusion too.
Quoting, "As a result, we should avoid major updates of packages
within a stable release"

So at the fist step, there is a need to have the change reverted, so
If another ffmpeg dependency in fedora break it's ABI for any reason,
we can rebuilt ffmpeg/x264 with the same version as the one already in
the repo.

Then I'm not necessarily against the idea, but I would like to listen
Pro/Con from other maintainers of multimedia packages, after something
has landed in f15 for some time.