FFmpeg 0.8.2 and x264 ABI 116 in devel/F-16

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 4 07:32:48 CEST 2011

On 04/09/11 07:38, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> The plan is to push FFmpeg 0.8.2 and latest x264 stable git to
> devel/F-16 branch. There are 34 packages which depend on these two.
> Out of those, only 2 (two!) had build failures which I wasn't able
> to fix quickly, namely ffmpeg2dirac and lightspark.
> ffmpeg2dirac needs more porting to FFmpeg 0.8 API than I was able to
> do quickly and lightspark's build fails with some obscure llvm error.

For packagers who are "consumers" of ffmpeg, what will the process be ?
1. Dom commits ffmpeg and builds for -testing
2. once it appears (Dominik could announce), other "consumer" packagers
grab Dominik's patches for their own packages, and build locally.
3. if successful, send patch upstream
4. commit patch, and request build
5. else request help on the list if necessary.

Am I understanding this correctly ?