FFmpeg 0.8.2 and x264 ABI 116 in devel/F-16

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sun Sep 4 09:41:33 CEST 2011

Hi David,

On Sunday, 04 September 2011 at 07:32, David Timms wrote:
> On 04/09/11 07:38, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> >The plan is to push FFmpeg 0.8.2 and latest x264 stable git to
> >devel/F-16 branch. There are 34 packages which depend on these two.
> >Out of those, only 2 (two!) had build failures which I wasn't able
> >to fix quickly, namely ffmpeg2dirac and lightspark.
> >ffmpeg2dirac needs more porting to FFmpeg 0.8 API than I was able to
> >do quickly and lightspark's build fails with some obscure llvm error.
>
> For packagers who are "consumers" of ffmpeg, what will the process be ?
> 1. Dom commits ffmpeg and builds for -testing

We don't have "testing" for devel branch, do we? Anyway, the builds
are done.

> 2. once it appears (Dominik could announce), other "consumer"
> packagers grab Dominik's patches for their own packages, and build
> locally.
> 3. if successful, send patch upstream

Well, I did all my builds in mock against offcial repos and my local
repo with the new ffmpeg and x264. But of course you're welcome to
verify that I haven't missed anything. Also, the patches I prepared
are quite minimal and may not be appropriate for direct inclusion
upstream.

> 4. commit patch, and request build
> 5. else request help on the list if necessary.
>
> Am I understanding this correctly ?

Yes. That's the plan, more or less.

Regards,
Dominik