FFmpeg 0.8.2 and x264 ABI 116 in devel/F-16

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 16:51:09 CEST 2011

On Monday 05 of September 2011 16:11:56 Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/05/2011 02:32 PM, Karel Volný wrote:
> >>
> >> ffmpeg 0.8.2-1.fc16 is in the
> >> "rpmfusion-free-needsign-rawhide" repository available on
> >> the builders, it seems.
> >> (Can be seen in root.log from recent builds.)
> >
> > so ... if I take the qmmp-plugins-freeweorld spec in devel,
> > increment the release and do make tag, make build, it will
> > be rebuilt with the new ffmpeg already and that is all I
> > need to do?
>
> Yes, although ideally, you would download the new ffmpeg +
> x264 from here:
> http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/plague-results/fedora-developmen
> t-rpmfusion_free/
>
> As well as anything which you've installed which uses them.
> and upgrade to them (removing anything that needs them which
> has not been rebuild yet, which is a pain).

we used to call it a royal PITA ... I wonder how had I managed
not to break my system with all that --nodeps rpm magic :-)

> Then do a local rebuild, test it, and then do the increment
> the release and do make tag, make build thingy. If you want
> to go for really perfect, you then download the build result
> and replace your local built rpm with it, and test again.

thanks, done

http://buildsys.rpmfusion.org/plague-results/fedora-development-
rpmfusion_free/qmmp-plugins-freeworld/0.5.1-2.fc16/
- if someone wants to test too ...

K.

--
Karel Volný