problem building first package.

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 19:00:21 CEST 2012

>> I'm trying to import and build my first package according to
>> http://rpmfusion.org/Contributors#Import_your_package.  I run into below.
>> No joy, everything is new, eons since I used cvs, and I'm not brave
>> enough to just try...
[cut]
> Did you get your problem sorted out?
>
> Richard
  No. I've done some debugging. The problem occurs when running the
first curl command, a test variant is
  $ m=1cd7ff89cfa44aa647b96670533a43dc
  $ f=../*gz
  $ echo $f
../get-flash-videos-1.24-3.20120329git8abc6c6.tar.gz
$  curl -k  --cert /home/leamas/.rpmfusion.cert -F "tree=free" -F
"name=get-flash-videos"  \
-F "md5sum=$m"  -F "filename=$f"
https://cvs.rpmfusion.org/repo/pkgs/upload.cgi
curl: (56) SSL read: errno -12192

This is exactly the same symptoms as described in
http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-developers/2011-December/011090.html,
a curl version problem. But that was on rawhide, curl 7.23 whereas I am
running f16, curl-7.21.7-7.

Does curl 7.21 need the same/similar  patch as 7.23?!

I am now really in trouble. Two new packages approved, and no way to
import them. Given this new info, has anyone a hint out there?

--alec