Is it possible to have builds uploaded to the repos?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 17:41:35 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Jochen Schmitt <Jochen at herr-schmitt.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:22:59AM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>> Yes, the package builds fine locally for F15 in mock on a F16 host.
>> I've also setup a minimal CentOS 6 virtual machine and was able to
>> build a package that way as well but the build still fails on the
>> build server and I've verified the package is installed in the root
>> log[1].
>
> One reason for failings build which are works fine locally may be
> an SMP compilant issue in the upstream make files.
>
> In this case I will suggest to remove the %{?_smp_mflags} in the
> SPEC file. If the build works fine after then, you should open an
> upstream bug report.

In this case the failure is happening in "configure". Basically the
configure script does a simple perl module import test to make sure
the needed perl modules are available and for some reason this is only
failing on the build server and only for F15 whereas it succeeds
locally in mock as well as on a CentOS 6 virtual machine using mock.

Thanks,
Richard