Is it possible to have builds uploaded to the repos?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Apr 11 17:52:57 CEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:22:09 -0600
Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
> wrote:
> > Latest stable version for F-15 is 0.99, which I think should be OK,
> > but there's a broken 1.01 in updates-testing. The builders aren't
> > pulling that one in, are they?
>
> They do pull from updates-testing. RPM Fusion (kwizart) frequently
> rebuilds all the kmods against each of the new kernels that land in
> updates-testing, so if I were to guess, that's probably why the
> builders are set up the way they are. One of the confusing factors in
> this situation is that the local mock-rpmfusion-free/nonfree packages
> do not include updates-testing, so it wasn't obvious how to duplicate
> this error locally with mock.[1]
>
> Paul, do you think it's feasible that we can fix Params::Validate for
> F15? Check out Ralf's comment in Bodhi[2]. I'm trying to figure out
> what breaks with 1.02.

It'll be hard to update F-15 to 1.02 as it requires
Module::Implementation, which requires an updated Module::Runtime,
which includes some incompatible changes that would necessitate
updating a bunch of other modules too.

I think the simplest solution would be to get Ralf to unpush the 1.01
update so it disappears from updates-testing.

Paul.