"spek" in CVS

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Sun Aug 26 21:18:55 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Thibault North
<tnorth at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Ken Dreyer <ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com> wrote:
>> Yes, it is such a coincidence that I wonder if that could be the
>> cause. All the same, I'm surprised to see that there are files visible
>> in the ViewVC web interface, but when I do a checkout, nothing is
>> there. Please let me know if you are able to successfully do an
>> import.
>
> Nope :
>
> [tnorth at kaon common]$ ./cvs-import.sh -b devel
> ~/rpmbuild/SRPMS/spek-0.7-3.fc14.src.rpm
> Checking out module: 'spek'
> cvs server: cannot find module `spek' - ignored
> cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules
> ERROR: "spek" module does not exist in cvs.
>
> Perhaps I missed something after the review, I can't recall which
> procedure I followed :/

I don't believe so... I've found there are a couple packages that are
not set up to do checkouts as separate modules directly. For example,
this "works":

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/free co rpms/spek

But this does not:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.rpmfusion.org:/cvs/free co spek

I'm not sure why this is. Here's the list of packages I've found in
this condition:
* spek (free)
* xvid4conf (free)
* xvidcore (free)