Moving packages from Fedora to RPM Fusion

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 22:58:08 CET 2012

2012/2/1 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> Hi,
>
> before I start submitting review requests, I'll ask: What's the procedure
> for moving packages from Fedora to RPM Fusion? Do we require a rereview?
>
> I'm asking because of:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-January/160856.html
>
> There are actually 2 cases, which may or may not need to be distinguished:
> * xine-lib itself, which will have xine-lib and xine-lib-extras-freeworld
> merged together and thus see significant packaging changes, and
> * the applications using xine-lib, which will basically be transferred 1:1
> (unless fixes are needed to build with xine-lib 1.2).

Hi Kevin,

I haven't answered to your previous topic, But I was wondering that:
I've seen that several fedora packages was bundling some part of the
offending library in their source tarball already. That's the case for
a default sound server in fedora.
Maybe it can be done the same for xine-lib ?

Once that said, as a package coordinator. I feel like it will be
easier to me to only have xine-lib within RPM Fusion than to get in
sync with fedora updates.

I think it would be fine to have a formal package review request in
RPM Fusion so anyone have a chance to comment on what will be
introduced as a replacement.

Thx for your work on the topic.