Builder1 stalled?

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 23:36:11 CET 2012

W dniu 06.02.2012 23:18, Richard Shaw pisze:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Julian Sikorski <belegdol at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It just requires a whole lot of time to finish. I might queue them one
>> at a time next time. f16/i686 has finished after 268 minutes :)
>
> Ahh... That's a long build time!
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

If I remember correctly, one step requires ridiculous amounts of memory
to build. So, when 4 builds are running at once, the builder might just
swap itself to death.
A single-arch f16/x86_64 mockbuild with 8 threads took 11 minutes 41
seconds to finish on my Clevo P150HM laptop equipped with Intel Core
i7-2720QM CPU and 4 GB of RAM.
Quoting one of the MAME developers:
The problem you're having is that tms57002.c is huge - GCC requires
something like a 2 GB working set to process it, and so it takes
literally an hour to compile on e.g. PS3 Linux with 256 MB of RAM. I
strongly recommend using a cross-compiler on a better-specced PC if you
have one available. Otherwise you'll need to configure your swap
partition to be at least 2 GB and then compilation should complete, it
will just take a very long time.

Regards,
Julian