Greetings Mplayer Maintainers!

Joseph D. Wagner joe at josephdwagner.info
Thu Feb 16 05:59:54 CET 2012

If at all possible, could someone please update mplayer?

The latest release -- 20110816 -- has some bugs in that caused many of
my videos to not work.  It forced me to stick with the version before
that -- 20110412.  Staying with the previous version of mplayer means
I'm staying with the previous version of it's prerequisites, which in
turn is preventing me from upgrading to Firefox 10.

Those bugs have since been fixed, but rpmfusion hasn't released an
update for mplayer.  I've been trying many different way to update the
package myself, but my lack of familiarity of the lack of help from the
mplayer community has made this a frustrating experience.

I was hoping one of the mplayer maintainers could step up to the
challenge, or at least provide me some help to do so.

Thank you.

Joseph D. Wagner