Problems building mplayer [WAS: Greetings Mplayer Maintainers!]

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:04:14 CET 2012

Ok, ran into my first problem:
cfg-common.h:530:5: error: initializer element is not constant
cfg-common.h:530:5: error: (near initialization for 'common_opts[114].p')

The line in cfg-common.h is using pp_help which is provided by the
ffmpeg header:
/usr/include/ffmpeg/libpostproc/postprocess.h

Which contains:
#if LIBPOSTPROC_VERSION_INT < (52<<16)
typedef pp_context pp_context_t;
typedef pp_mode pp_mode_t;
extern const char *const pp_help; ///< a simple help text
#else
extern const char pp_help[]; ///< a simple help text
#endif

I'm not sure how (52<<16) is evaluated but the version major is
defined as 51 so I'm assuming the first part of the if clause is used
instead of the else portion.

/usr/include/ffmpeg is in the header search path so I don't think it's
a problem of not finding it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard