Greetings Mplayer Maintainers!

Andrew Schultz ajschult at verizon.net
Mon Feb 20 18:35:26 CET 2012

Sérgio Basto wrote:
> I also don't have a lot of time, but who have it ?
> I also could help on maintain this important package .
> BTW what is the state on F-16 ?
> Joseph Wagner, where is your work about mplayer , what snap are you
> using and what spec ?

FWIW, I tried different SVN checkouts for mplayer and found that one
from 2011-09-01 built successfully while one from 2011-10-01 failed, due
to dependencies on a newer ffmpeg.  In fact, all the issues I
encountered with later snapshots (later than 2011-10-01) were also
related to dependencies on newer ffmpeg.

Updating to 2011-09-01 (or perhaps 2011-09-XX) for F-16 does not seem
useful.  Once ffmpeg in rpmfusion is updated to 0.10, then updating
mplayer will probably be much easier.

--
Andrew Schultz
ajs42 at buffalo.edu