Greetings Mplayer Maintainers!

Joseph D. Wagner joe at josephdwagner.info
Mon Feb 20 20:33:46 CET 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:13:30 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 08:28 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
>>
>>> Someone needs to volunteer to maintain mplayer within RPM Fusion,
>>> at
>>> this step nobody has volunteer and the previous maintainer is very
>>> busy. I wonder if I will remove mplayer from the F-17 tree at all
>>> if
>>> it's not updated.
>> I don't have a lot of time right now but I'll take a stab at it.
>
> I also don't have a lot of time, but who have it ?
> I also could help on maintain this important package .
> BTW what is the state on F-16 ?
> Joseph Wagner, where is your work about mplayer , what snap are you
> using and what spec ?
>
> Thanks,
> -- Sérgio M. B.

I've been using the latest snapshots as updated from SNV daily (don't
have the exact revision in front of me right now).

As for spec, right now I'm just trying to get mplayer to build using
shared, external ffmpeg libraries under a normal, non-rpm build process.
My thought was that I could worry about translating that into a spec in
step 2.

Joseph D. Wagner