Any interest in sox with MP3 support?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 15:16:22 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Richard Shaw wrote:
>> I understand that we wouldn't use those options for the RPM Fusion
>> package, but wouldn't the Fedora package need these options enabled in
>> order to look for the additional plugin libraries?
>
> No, the point is to rely on the dlopening of the plugins. There's no need to
> dlopen the library from the plugin, it can be linked directly.

Ok, obviously I'm still not getting it :)

I understand that on the RPM Fusion side we just build a standard
package except we enable all the mp3/ffmpeg stuff. Then I delete all
the packaged files that are already provided by the Fedora package.

So is sox going to automatically detect these additional plugins
without using the dlopen options?

Richard