Build Error (Job 13876): mplayer-1_1-1_el6 on el-6-rpmfusion_free

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 22:55:04 CEST 2012

2012/7/2 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/7/2 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>:
>>> Need some help here. When I did a local mock build of mplayer
>>> 1.0-0.139 it built fine but now I'm getting this error with 1.1:
>>>
>>> fmt-conversion.c:68: error: 'PIX_FMT_YUVA422P' undeclared here (not in
>>> a function)
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>> You constantly fail to understand what I mean!
>>
>> Didn't I said that you should build EL-6 from known packages ?
>> mplayer is tight to ffmpeg version and you have created an untested combination.
>
> Honestly, I'm sorry I don't know any other language than English, but
> sometimes you are difficult for me to understand even after repeated
> readings.
>
> I didn't update the mplayer version. It is as it was created. Should I
> have downgraded it? If you already knew this, you could have copied in
> the working version rather than devel.

Ok, so the creation of a branch means that "devel is copied into the
new branch. (EL-6).
So you would better know the version you really want before to
randomly kick a build into EL-6.

What I expect is that ffmpeg in EL-6 will better match with mplayer in
F-17 as the ffmpeg version is the same. But others components are
involved, so you have to test a mock built and do a minimal runtime
test.
I also would suggest to downgrade mpg123 to the version of F-17. (so
deleting your previous build), for the same reason as ffmpeg.