Qtractor alternatives revisited

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:22:18 CEST 2012

Hi all

I'm returning to implementing alternatives rather than providing an
upstream patch at this stage.

There is only one binary in this package. The only other files are an
icon, desktop file and a Qt translation. Is it permissible to package
only this binary in RPMFusion and have it require the Fedora package?
I can provide a launcher script in /usr/bin which does
`readlink %{_bindir}/qtractor` so that the desktop file in the Fedora
package will work for both. The Qtractor About dialog states explicitly
whether MP3 support is disabled or not, so its easy enough to determine
which had been launched by the desktop file.

Or should I provide alternative icons, desktop file and translations for
both?

thanks

Brendan