Cleaning up Bugzilla

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:17:07 CEST 2012

2012/3/25 Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr>:

> [ This will appear on planet.fedoraproject.org shortly ]
>
> RPMFusion's Bugzilla has gathered a number of bugs over the years and, for
> lack of maintainance, bugs filed against EOL-ed versions of Fedora have never
> been closed. The result is a number of open bugs:
>
> Fedora  8 :  2 bugs
> Fedora  9 :  2 bugs
> Fedora 10 : 13 bugs
> Fedora 11 :  8 bugs
> Fedora 12 : 10 bugs
> Fedora 13 :  6 bugs
> Fedora 14 : 45 bugs
>
> I've added a new resolution, EXPIRED, in bugzilla.rpmfusion.org and I'll be
> using it over the next few weeks to close bugs filed against Fedora 8 through
> 14. Once a week, I'll be taking one version's bugs and closing them with the
> EXPIRED resolution and adding a comment on the next version's bugs warning that
> they will be closed a week later.
>
> Once we're done with those, it will probably be time to do the same thing to
> the Fedora 15 bugs. At that point, we'll probably join the Fedora bug triage
> cycle, doing this every 6 months.

Thx for taking care of this.

Nevertheless there might be a earlier problem has some bug assignee
was not reset to the new maintainer or co-maintainer. It would be wise
to refresh the assignement before doing that.

Also a week delay seems short to me. Some might be in vacation and
might miss the announcement. I would like to see another reminder
before closing the bug.

@packagers, please reassign the bug to the appropriate version or use
unspecified if appropriate.