spotify: bundling and license issues.

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:25:38 CET 2012

Im considering to package the Spotify client  [1]:  This is a binary
without sources  aimed for  the nonfree section. Two issues are not
immediately clear to me:

-Package  has a frightening  attachment of included licenses [2]. Do I
need to sort out all of these in the License: tag?! Or is there a
loophole to just use "Re-distributable, no changes permitted" , which is
the overall conditions from Spotify?

- To make things work, I need to bundle some old libs (libssl,
libcrypto) since I can't relink the  spotify binary blob.  Is this OK;
given that these libs are private and not visible to other packages?

Anyone,  out there?

--alec

[1] http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux/bd-p/spotifylinux
[2] http://leamas.fedorapeople.org/licenses.xhtml