Software compatible with only one release

M.M. hal8600 at hotmail.it
Sat Oct 20 21:59:50 CEST 2012

Hi. I'm the packager of gnome-shell-extension-weather.

Currently I'm packaging the fork by Neroth (
https://github.com/Neroth/gnome-shell-extension-weather ), which is
compatible with Gnome versions up to 3.4 (i.e. Fedora up to 17), into the
branches F-16, F-17, F-18 and devel.
Now, with the release of Fedora 18 approaching, I'd like to switch to the
fork by canek-pelaez (
https://github.com/canek-pelaez/gnome-shell-extension-weather ), that is
compatible only with Gnome 3.6, i.e Fedora 18.

The more obvious choice is packaging the latter into the F-18 and devel
branches only and simply leaving the F-16 and F-17 branches unchanged.
Is this the right approach? If not, how should I behave?

I'd like to hear some opinions from more experienced users. Thank you.
Cheers,
Mattia M.