mass rebuild for x264/ffmpeg/mplayer on F19 - dvbcut

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed May 29 14:54:13 CEST 2013

On 29/05/13 03:57, Julian Sikorski wrote:
> It's probably too late now, but here are my 2 cents:
> - packages having mplayer in dependencies (like gmtk) do not need to be
> rebuilt at all - they don't link to mplayer, they just use the executable
> - this is what I use to get the deps whenever I am testing a new ffmpeg
> build:
>
> repoquery --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rpmfusion-{non,}free-rawhide
> --whatrequires --source `repoquery --provides --disablerepo=*
> --enablerepo=rpmfusion-free-rawhide ffmpeg-libs` | sort | uniq | sed
> 's/-[^-]*-[^-]*\.[^.]*\.[^.]*$//'
>
> which currently yields the following:

> dvbcut
By the way, dvbcut requires mplayer to play video at runtime. However,
it also build requires ffmpeg libraries for extracting selected part of
the streams (or can use it's internal own multiplexor). By the way, the
ffmpeg does not currently work; it needs some additional love to
translate the older ffmpeg calls into the new ffmpeg calls.

I patched in enough ifdef stuff to allow it to build, but not enough for
the ffmpeg export to actually work. Any helpers (Hans ;- maybe)

Cheers, David.