Non-redistributable packages: Skype, spotify, ...

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 08:54:49 CET 2013

On 18 November 2013 22:15, Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to only handle the adobe-release* repositories instead ?
> Unless all thoses adobe packages are really broken ?

The flash plugin packages are really broken indeed. They ship a package
that is for all rpm based distributions, install in weird locations and do
everything with a setup that is run in the %post sections along with ln and
rm commands. Dependencies are missing and installs kde integration also on
gnome. Since dependencies are broken if you remove it you will have loose
directories all over.

If you have Redhat account, you can see that Redhat has a repackaged
version in the "Supplementary" channel of the base RHEL releases.

I've been mantaining the flash-plugin for quite few years now for personal
use and for the various companies I've worked for, so Alec/Sergio, if you
are interested I can lend some help. The resulting package is 90% close to
the RHEL one for which there is no spec file available.

The i686 bit package should also be in the x86_64 repository as Steam
requires the Flash plugin for playing videos in the game detail pages. I've
been doing this in my repository.

http://negativo17.org/adobe-flash-plugin/
http://negativo17.org/repos/flash-plugin/flash-plugin.spec

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/