cvstogit updates

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Thu Sep 12 02:41:47 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

I've made some improvements to my cvstogit shell script:

http://fedorapeople.org/cgit/ktdreyer/public_git/rpmfusion-tools.git

It has been a while since I last looked at this, so I ran it again and
it converted all the CVS modules to individual Git repos in about
three hours on my laptop.

Today in IRC kwizart was asking about the list of packages that I have
to skip, which prompted me to file a couple of new bugs with
infrastructure this afternoon.

https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2946 - three packages cannot be
checkout out of CVS

https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2947 - xmms-aac should be removed

https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2948 - vboxgtk is "free", not "nonfree"

https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/2949 - vlc-phonon-backend should be removed

Also, in case anyone's interested, kwizart also found that the script
doesn't work on el6. I've been running it on Fedora, and we need newer
features in Bash and Git that aren't available on the older versions.

- Ken