MPD update (Was: Re: Broken dependency: Requires: libavcodec.so.54(LIBAVCODEC_54)(64bit))

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 18 14:53:28 CEST 2013

On 18/09/13 17:35, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-09-18 at 15:32 +1000, Ankur Sinha wrote: It'll need a
> review though. Should I file a bug and add these as attachments?

Check for an existing 'upgrade the package/broken dependency/ffmpeg
/fail to build from source etc' bug first, and if it doesn't already
exist, you can create a new bug.

Do not attach SRPM to the bug. Attach a diff -u from the original spec
to the upgraded spec file. Then the package maintainer can more easily
review the patch, apply the patch and so forth.

If this a package that you would like to help maintain going forward,
and you are already a Fedora packager, you can request to co-maintain
the package. You would then work with the existing maintainer to
decide who has time to look at bugs/upgrades etc..

You mention a successful build. Have you been able to test if the
build actually runs / works etc ?