Packaging 3-rd party repositories in rpmfusion

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Feb 3 22:03:36 CET 2014

Hi!

On 03.02.2014 10:52, Hans de Goede wrote:
> On 02/03/2014 02:14 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote: [...]
>> In other words, I'd recommend not doing so, because you guys are
>> likely to be facing very tough times in cases something goes
>> wrong with these "endorsed 3rd party repos".
> +1

RPM Fusion is something most Fedora users will enable, so IMHO it's
the ideal place to give users something at hand to reach software that
can't be in Fedora or RPM Fusion for various reasons – flash player
for example.

Packages with repo files otoh might not be best way. I guess the best
way forward would be a small app that points out the risks and
explains that RPM Fusion is not responsible for content from other
repos; if the users ACks that let the app put repo file in place.

Just my 2 cent because I always wanted something like the above. Ohh,
and because my name came up recently in this discussion, as one of
those that was (is?) considered to be on the (inactive) RPM Fusion
steering committee. Might be wise to set up a new one. I'm fine if
those that are most active simply organize something and put it in
place, you have my blessing. If that's not enough: if you want a
official vote or something else from me just let me know when and
where to give what's needed ;-)

Cu