XBMC nightly hosting

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Mon Jan 27 16:19:39 CET 2014

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks! Here's some numbers for the most recent tag in Git, XBMC 13 alpha11:

Binary RPM for F20 - 34M
Source RPM for F20 - 25M

Doubling those numbers to add a second Fedora version (either Rawhide
or F19, haven't decided), it's 120 MB. I would be surprised if there
are more than five testers (downloaders) per day, so at a generous
estimate that would be about 200MB downloaded a day.

In summary: 120 MB up and maybe around 200 MB down per day.

On the old web host we had plenty of space so I was keeping the last
30 days of builds. Again, doubling the numbers above to account for a
second Fedora version, that's about 3.6 GB of disk space.

For more information on nightly builds and XBMC in general in RPM
Fusion, I've created a wiki page: http://rpmfusion.org/xbmc . The
script that does the nightly builds is in Git:
https://gitorious.org/ktdreyer/xbmc-nightly . (A couple months from
now I hope to have more free time to make this more robust.)