Bundling exception for CMPlayer

Ben Reedy thebenj88 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:33:15 CET 2014

On 28/01/14 00:01, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Dne 27.1.2014 12:48, Alec Leamas napsal(a):
>> Here a t least two possibilities:
>> - You could build using the upstream sources. This an accepted way in
>> a situation like this if there is no library.
>> - You could cooperate with upstream and make them release a library.
>> Miro: are you listening?
>
> Yes I am listening.
>
> I would like to see a real attempt to communicate with mpv upstream,
> to release a library - if that fails, then go with the first option.
>
> To be clear - I'm not doing this, that's up to Ben. I can provide
> help, though.

I've contacted one of the MPV developers [1], and they said that there
are plans for a shared library. However, they also re-iterated what the
CMPlayer developer stated:

 > But note that cmplayer is not really a frontend. It includes its own
video output and a bunch of other stuff instead of native mpv functionality.

They also mentioned that the use of the planned shared library wouldn't
work either:

 > No... just that cmplayer uses mpv in a way it probably won't be able
to use the shared lib.

[1] https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/510