ffmpeg-2.4 released

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Fri Sep 26 14:29:33 CEST 2014

On 26/09/2014 14:15, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Qui, 2014-09-25 at 21:18 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
>>> SO I NAK the ffmpeg update in F-20 because the way the update was
>> done
>>> in Rawhide.
>>> I don't want to hear about it. This is not acceptable not to have
>>> coordinated the update.
>>
>> Sorry I'm in work and can't focus, I already sent incomplete emails
>> etc,
>> but you NACK because ffmpeg 2.4 was submit in devel ? we can roll back
>> it , it easy to roll back it.
>>
>> I understand, how things should roll out , first commit in devel , and
>> copy along branches and that is the way that should be done . So yes
>> it
>> was forbidden commit on devel for not roll out to branch , am I the
>> coordinator ? , we can fix it, is not a big deal. I will take care of
>> everything
>> Thanks,
>>
>> I have to go now ,
>
> I'll try catch kwizart on irc this weekend to see what we can do, and
> also plan do the mass rebuild this weekend until then, I'm busy .
> If I am the coordinator, please don't submit more builds with
> +- rebuild (ffmpeg-2.4) and disable needsign repo , since nothing was
> yet publish, moreover is more difficult to me do the mass rebuild
> correctly because I have to track down which packages already sent it to
> rebuild.

Ssome packages were published already :
ffmpeg
mplayer
xine-lib

Additionnaly, k3b-extras-freeworld was built earlier today but is not
pushed yet.

I'm not sure what remains to be rebuilt against ffmpeg 2.4, but at least
mplayer, xine-lib and k3b-extras-freeworld can be removed from the list.

Regards,
Xavier