Branching of F-21 / ability to build packages for rawhide

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:52:29 CET 2015

Hi,

I've just upgraded one of my machines to rawhide, as I need rawhide
for development work.

I had to remove a bunch of rpmfusion packages to make this possible,
due to broken deps, due to libs which have been upgraded in rawhide.

It would be really nice if we could start supporting rawhide builds
in rpmfusion, and preparing for the eventual F-22 release, May is
much closer then you think.

I know people are working on a migration to git, and that is great,
and I'm very grateful for the work being done. But atm not having
branched for F-21 is getting in the way of others to do their
"job" as packager.

So can we please have an ETA for when git will be ready and/or do
the branching using CVS for now ? AFAIK (which is very little) doing
the branching in CVS is not that much work.

FWIW I would be happy to be a guinea pig for the git stuff... and
try rebuilding some packages for rawhide that way.

Regards,

Hans