port of game-data-packager to Fedora

Alexandre Detiste alexandre.detiste at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:54:49 CET 2015

(reposting message first sent to games at lists.fedoraproject.org)

Hi,

My redhat/fedora skills were a bit rusty (1998-rusty),
so as an exercice I dediced to port to fedora
the game-data-packager Debian native project I'm working on.

So far, so good, it's already mostly done.

https://github.com/a-detiste/game-data-packager/commits/fedora

That will provide Fedora recipes to automaticaly build noarch .rpm
for currently about 200 games; one of my goal is to cover
all versions of all scummvm games.

It can also download shareware data for doom, quake, descent... games.

http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/game-data/

Of course it would be better to have real Fedora users that test this;
not only someone that run a minimal install on a container.
(chocolate-doom works over "ssh -X" !)

For example I already spotted that fedora "dynamite" package is lacking
id-shr-extract program needed to unpack wolf3d shareware;
but rpmfusion provides "wolf3d-shareware.noarch" sot this is not a problem.

Two interresting dependencies of G-D-P I didn't found in rpmfusion
are innoextract & lgogdownloader; when installed a setup....exe
sold by GOG.com can be automaticaly downloaded & repacked as a .rpm

Greets,

Alexandre Detiste