port of game-data-packager to Fedora

Alexandre Detiste alexandre.detiste at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:23:34 CET 2015

Le mercredi 4 novembre 2015, 13:01:51 Hans de Goede a écrit :
> > So for now I'll just use/suggest the innoextract package provided by upstream.
>
> I do not think this is a good idea, we really want to do this properly.

Ok I'll start with this one, because:
- it's the most usefull utility of the two
- the most stable too
- I can just re-use existing specfile (I have already pinged upstream about this)

https://github.com/arx/ArxPackages/blob/master/innoextract/rpm/innoextract.spec

> I've taken a quick look, packaging rhash should be easy, it comes
> with Makefile-s which properly generate versioned .so libs with a
> proper soname at all, and honor DESTDIR, so packaging it really is
> not a big deal. And this will actually be a good exercise for showing
> that you know the basics of rpm packaging, which is requires to
> become a Fedora / rpmfusion packager.

> As for htmlcxx it does not come with a buildsys at all, and:

Huh ? The one in Debian uses autoconf

https://sources.debian.net/src/htmlcxx/0.85-3.4/configure.ac

https://sources.debian.net/src/htmlcxx/0.85-3.4/debian/rules

So that's just a 2-lines build there; the remainder is for the manpage.

%:
	dh $@ --with autoreconf

> https://github.com/dhoerl/htmlcxx

That one seems to be something totally unrelated.

> So this is what in Fedora we call a copylib, and bundling those is ok,

> esp. when upstream does not provide any sort of (API) versioning
> what so ever.
... so this point doesn't apply.

> So you can simply put a snapshot of this in the
> same src.rpm as innoextract / lgogdownloader,
> and use that directly.

lgogdownloader is the current _single_ reverse dependency for this in
Debian, still I'd prefer to do it properly.
There, this one is not maitained by the Games team for example;
it was packaged by someone else years before lgogdownloader even existed.

So I'd prefer to keep it separate; this part will likely require less uploads;
only when GCC decide to break all C++ packages.

> > I wouldn't fight over inclusion of this or G-D-P in Debian main,
> > so here also I won't either.
> >
> > I already got 2 relevant answers here before posting to rpmfusion ML:
> >
> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/games/2015-November/thread.html
>
> Ok, forget my previous comment asking to put this in Fedora then, lets
> just put these 2 in rpmfusion nonfree. I still believe that innoextract belongs
> in Fedora proper, so a first step at getting g-d-p in rpmfusion would be
> to get innoextract into Fedora, see:

Extra hint: InnoSetup (the packager) is free software, albeit windows-only.
https://github.com/jrsoftware/issrc/blob/master/license.txt

I'll do that; I'll send the mail to fedora-devel

> I can act as a sponsor for you in Fedora. I believe this is the best
> way to process because of 2 reasons:
>
> 1) rpmfusion currently is overhauling its infra, so getting any new
> pkgs in atm is kinda hard
> 2) rpmfusion requires a sponsor process for non Fedora packages just
> like the Fedora process, but once you're an official Fedora packager
> you get the same rights in rpmfusion automatically
>
> Note the list at:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>
> Looks much longer / more complicated then the process actually is a lot
> of steps are very quick. The most work is finding a sponsor (done already :)
> and getting a few initial packages reviewed by your sponsor (that would be me).

I'm already at the "koji build --scratch f23 rpmbuild/SRPM/innoextract-1.5-1.fc23.src.rpm" step ;-)

But I get a timeout & https://fedoraproject.org is down too; will continue later.

I'll also provide you my own spec files; not only the one I copied from someone else.

Regards,

Alexandre