another subject: polices for sub packaging Re: some packages to be updated

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Feb 24 00:31:43 CET 2016

On Ter, 2016-02-23 at 20:57 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> ffmpegthumbnailer and kffmpegthumbnailer:

I think if upstream source bundles ffmpegthumbnailer and
kffmpegthumbnailer in same tarball, we should put all in one package.
Making kffmpegthumbnailer a sub-package of ffmpegthumbnailer, instead
have two different packages. For me make sense mostly because we have
less work.
Other example is kodi and pvr plugins , I think we should bundle it in
one package and not have 18 packages, that is insane have 18 packages
because is lot of work, is make: 18 commits, request 18 builds, do 18
bodhi requests etc .
So I'd like have authorization to do sub-packages when it makes sense
and when is justified.

Thanks.
--
Sérgio M. B.