Kodi

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Jun 22 22:42:43 CEST 2016

On 06/22/2016 03:34 PM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> Not at all, sir, alpha is way too late for f24 GA, about to be
> released just NOW!
> Also I'm not very pleased with me having to fix your FTBFS kodi
> package despite the appropriate backport was made available to you via
> github.
>
> I'm fine if you update kodi to devel and backport when stable, etc.

You do not understand how Kodi development works and had no idea what I was doing,
development-wise, locally.

Kodi 16 is end-of-life. There will be no further point releases to Kodi 16. That
means Fedora 24 will be stuck with an old, unsupported, and unmaintained version for
a year. Fedora's take on software that follows this release model make exceptions
and allow major releases to occur. Example: Firefox.

I was committing and syncing the 16.1-1 commit that had been sitting in wait since
April while I was locally working on Kodi 17. I was going to skip the 16.1 build for
F24 and move to 17. There was no need to commit any other patches. It is not my
fault that you jumped the gun and attempted a build, which I already knew would
fail. I did not ask for a build.

If this is how you are going to treat your contributors then I am considering
dropping my involvement in RPMFusion. You have never been considerate of my help and
continuously belittle me. I do not appreciate it.

Regards,
Michael