gstreamer and h265

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:03:10 CET 2016

> I guess it's supported
>
> gst-inspect-1.0 x265
> Plugin Details:
>   Name                     x265
>   Description              x265-based H265 plugins
>   Filename                 /usr/lib64/gstreamer-1.0/libgstx265.so
>   Version                  1.8.3
>   License                  GPL
>   Source module            gst-plugins-bad
>   Source release date      2016-08-19
>   Binary package           gst-plugins-bad 1.0 rpmfusion rpm
>   Origin URL               http://rpmfusion.org/

Nothing is using libde265 is our repository yet.
If you find which component should enable this library, feel free to
report a bugreport and patch.

x265 is an encoding library, whereas libde265 is a decoding one.
That been said, it's possible that H265 video can be decoded using
another library (such as ffmpeg using hevc codec name).

Thx

--
-