Update ffmpeg in F24 to 3.1.x ?

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Nov 23 12:10:19 CET 2016

Hi,

On Qua, 2016-11-23 at 09:14 +0100, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 23/11/2016 08:41, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> >
> > On 10/14/2016 11:09 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > >
> > > I think we can perform the mass rebuild (or not) just in F24
> > > without
> > > touching F25 and rawhide.
> > May I ask why a mass rebuild was not performed?
> >
> > I just uncovered an issue with the FFMpeg 3.1 update. Kodi core
> > dumps
> > when attempting to play MPEG2 streams. A rebuild fixes it. I'm
> > pushing
> > through one now for F24.
> >
> > In the future let's please be more careful with these updates.
> > There
> > certainly were some small ABI changes and upstream dropped the ball
> > on
> > announcing them.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Michael
> There are tools to check for ABI changes, announced or not.
> http://upstream.rosalinux.ru/index.html
>
> Here's the link for ffmpeg :
> https://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/ffmpeg/

I had move the conversation to the new thread: Updating ffmpeg to 3.2
in rawhide , we did update both ffmpegs at same time 3.2 in rawhide and
: "ffmpeg-3.1.5 was submit to f24 !

Process was to update ffmpeg to 3.1.5 in f24 and mplayer/mpv because
they are using private symbols, that's all .

Now, how I know if any package have ffmpeg private symbols  ? "

I also though that we will rebuild more packages than mplayer/mpv , I
also rebuilt x264 ...

--
Sérgio M. B.